Saturday, October 31, 2020

"The Jeweled Books in the Shelves"

"Mystic literature -- take me away!" ~ Sir Igor
Our Mystical Library
The books, for example, with which my study walls were lined. Like the flowers, they glowed, when I looked at them, with brighter colors, a profounder significance. Red books, like rubies; emerald books; books bound in white jade; books of agate; of aquamarine, of yellow topaz; lapis lazuli books whose color was so intense, so intrinsically meaningful, that they seemed to be on the point of leaving the shelves to thrust themselves more insistently on my attention. . . .

I saw the books, but was not at all concerned with their positions in space. What I noticed, what impressed itself upon my mind was the fact that all of them glowed with living light and that in some the glory was more manifest than in others. In this context, position and the three dimensions were beside the point. Not, of course, that the category of space had been abolished.
Aldous Huxley
from The Doors of Perception (19 - 20, 34)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wishing all readers a long introspective weekend!
Use that extra hour for reading!
Library Pumpkin
Missoula Montana Public Library

All Hallows ~ All Saints ~ All Souls
A Good Ending!

No comments:

Post a Comment